Author Topic: Allow myself to introduce...myself.  (Read 32 times)

Tetsu Deinonychus

• Mutie
    • View Profile
    • Studio Snowlion
    • Email
Allow myself to introduce...myself.
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:55:49 AM »
Hello, I'm glad to be here. My name is Brendan, but you can call me Tetsu here if you like. I do comics, animation, and illustration most of which can be seen at my website Studio Snowlion, and my books are available at IndyPlanet and Comixology if anyone is interested.

I've really been reading up on creator's rights issues lately, and ways that publishers have exploited creators. I've got a project I've been thinking of submitting to a publisher, and I really want to read up on all the things to watch out for and be careful about.  And, while this forum doesn't seem to be very active, it looks like as good a place as any to join in on the discussion and maybe get some valuable info and advice.

Anyway, I enjoy pretty much all genres of comics (action, slice-of-life, comedy, horror, romance, etc.), and all nationalities of comics (American, European, Japanese, etc). And, some of my favourites are The Sandman (Gaiman), TMNT, Hellboy, Bizenghast, Kimi wa Pet, True Story Swear to God, I'm My Own Mascot, Museum of Mistakes, Negima, I Luv Halloween, JTHM, and Soul to Seoul.

Some of my favourite artists and writers are Stan Sakai, Jhonen Vasquez, Neil Gaiman, CLAMP, Osamu Tezuka, Jack Kirby, Mike Mignola, Ken Akamatsu, Julia Wertz, Gene Colan, and Monkey Punch.

Again, I'm happy to be part of this forum.

(Image hosting by Postimage.org)

Al Nickerson

• Administrator
  • Avenger
    • View Profile
    • http://anactoffaithcomic.com/
    • Email
Re: Allow myself to introduce...myself.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:57:28 AM »
Welcome, Brendan.

Feel free to stop by YA CANíT ERASE INK.

YA CANíT ERASE INK focuses on the comic book industry from a professional comic book creator's perspective, including reflections on The Creatorís Bill of Rights, as well as discussions on comic book Creators' Rights by the likes of Scott McCloud, Dave Sim, Steve Bissette, Rick Veitch, me and more.